In our fifth episode of our Ask the Experts series titled “Agile Decision Making”, Claudia Sestini, Global CMO of Gain Theory, discusses best practices and advice for being agile in the face of changing priorities with a full panel of industry experts.
With regards to measuring marketing efficacy at speed, Claudia Sestini asks:
“With a greater focus on e-commerce sales channels now, should marketers pivot media strategy to drive digital footfall?”
- Digital is the key destination, so it’s important to ensure brands are there, easy to find, and easy to navigate as customers are searching.
- Digital is the end destination for sales; however, a customer’s journey doesn’t necessarily start there.
- Consumers begin to consider purchase decisions before the sale, so when planning media strategy, marketers need to focus on the principles: build awareness, build consideration, and keep your brand top of mind.
- Give people a reason to talk about your brand by putting the right message in front of the right customers in the right place at the right time and in the right context.
- Customers are fulfilling purchases digitally, but a brand’s advertising needs to create mental availability and put your message everywhere your customers are consuming the media—whether online or offline—particularly during lockdown.
- Using 2020 as an example, the same principles for media strategy still apply. Overall, the advice is to find where your customers are consuming their media and place the right messages to them in those places at the right time. This year in particular, we have all spent a lot of time at home, so investment in OOH advertisements has fallen.
Other topics addressed in the “Agile Decision Making” Ask the Experts Session:
- Media allocation decisions across brands
- How to pivot marketing strategy, at the right pace and place
- How to measure marketing efficacy, at speed
To stream the full video click here.