Senior Partner, Global CPG Lead
Locations preferred: London, New York City, Boston, or Chicago preferred; other locations will be considered
We are looking for a new Senior Partner to lead our Global CPG Client Analytics practice. Gain Theory has several CPG clients where this leader will own client relationships and help us grow our overall CPG practice globally.
The Senior Partner, Global CPG Lead will engage Chief Analytics Officers and CMOs in their biggest challenges, and then work with their Gain Theory counterparts to develop innovative ways of solving those challenges, using data and analytics to become the “go to” / trusted advisor. In addition, we expect that growing relationships with client-side Sales, Finance and GMs, as well as with WPP Client Leads for the big CPG clients will be a ‘day-job’ objective.
This individual will be an innovative, problem-solving networker who is motivated to build client businesses, improve client satisfaction and grow Gain Theory sales & profit. The person ideally needs to have a wide range of experience related to the challenges CPG businesses face across pricing, trade, distribution (as well as media) and best-in-class experience of solving many of these problems, via CPG internal teams and/or partners.
Awareness of Marketing Analytic disciplines currently employed by CPG companies and other companies across industries including MMM, RGM, MTA, Social, CRM, media optimization, and other insight generating modeling solutions is important, but recent hands on delivery is not expected. Experience in implementation with CPG companies and Marketing organizations as either a supplier, consultant or a leader within a CPG company implementing these types of capabilities is ideal.
From Day 1, this Senior Partner will have direct access to our Global Gain Theory leaders and join either our North American Leadership Team (NALT) or EMEA Leadership Team and contribute Globally to shaping the future of our company.
These responsibilities will include:
- Strategy– Help us shape the future company objectives and the roadmaps to achieving those objectives
- Clients – Play a role in developing existing CPG client relationships, while delivering on our promises
- New Business – Leverage personal contacts and relationship building to help grow our client list, and participate in engaging new opportunities
- Culture– Help us develop a strong, vibrant, people first culture that will be our ultimate differentiator in attracting the best talent, which will differentiate us with our clients
- Product Development – Help shape our products and how we deliver them to clients across analytic solutions, software, consulting frameworks and more, particularly for CPG clients
The Senior Partner will be expected to engage in all the above at various moments as a Senior Leader while focusing on growing and delivering our CPG business.
- Lead existing CPG client relationships and teams
- Develop new CPG and other client relationships at senior most levels
- Oversee the building of Gain Theory capabilities, products and tools for Global CPG practice
- Inspire others on CPG Analytics and approaches to leading CPG client engagements
- Act as a Global leader across the business
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years related work experience with CPG companies, either as an employee or as a consultant/supplier
- Experience in managing and mentoring team members
- Client relationship management expertise in CPG (either in providing service or being served)
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Capability to handle multiple clients and meet/manage deadlines across teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills at the c-suite level
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and take initiative on assigned tasks
COMPLIMENTARY SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Exposure to both traditional and digital media execution, insights and analytics
- Experience in Marketing and/or Media functions/services
- Aware of industry research sources, such as Nielsen/IRI sales data or TV/online advertising data
- Understand the general application of data tools (E.g. SQL), cloud suppliers (E.g. AWS, Google) and coding languages (E.g. R, Python) used for analytics
- Basic knowledge of key analytic metrics: Media (e.g. buying models, CPV, VCR, GRP), Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (LTV, NPV, ROI, Churn, etc.), Statistics (Correlations, sample sizing, etc)
- Able to apply visual techniques for data analysis and analytic presentation
ABOUT GAIN THEORY:
Gain Theory is a global marketing effectiveness consultancy, empowering marketing and insight professionals to create agile, smarter, data-informed cultures using data, technology and advanced analytics.
As an independent practice within WPP, Gain Theory is trusted by clients around the world to enhance business performance in both the short and long-term by improving marketing effectiveness and efficiency, increasing baseline profits, growing market share and driving share price growth.
The global team consists of 200+ consultants, data scientists, mathematicians and marketing technology specialists who operate globally servicing 113 markets worldwide.Apply now