Product Business Lead / Product Manager
The Product Business Lead will support the Product Lead in delivering Gain Theory’s proprietary data science platform. The person will have the opportunity to drive product strategy and define the features and functionality of our proprietary software product. The role will take business requirements from inception to delivery, acting as a crucial team member throughout the entire project development lifecycle to ensure that user needs are met successfully.
The Business Lead will join a team comprised of Dev Ops, Software and Quality Assurance Engineers, Product Owners, UX Designers, and have direct interaction with Executive Sponsors. The primary responsibility of the Business Lead is to ensure that the product meets business requirements and delivers a great experience to the end user. The Business Lead will also contribute to decisions in the product roadmap and must have the desire to be a thought leader, and ambition to elevate the standard of product delivery to our project teams.
At Gain Theory, we give the opportunity to all employees to lead, and expect that everyone contributes to shaping the future of our fast-growing company. These responsibilities will include:
- Strategy – Help us shape the future objectives and roadmaps to achieving those objectives
- Clients – Play a role in managing client relationships and delivering on the promises we make as a business
- Culture – Help us develop a strong, vibrant, people first culture that will be our ultimate differentiator in attracting the best talent, which will differentiate us with our clients
- New Business – Leverage personal contacts and relationship building to help grow our client list, and participate in engaging new opportunities
- Product Development – Shape our products and how we deliver them to clients across analytic solutions, software, consulting frameworks and more
While the specific responsibilities of this role will differ depending on the needs of the organization and specific skillsets he/she brings to Gain Theory, the Business Lead will be expected to engage in all of the above at various moments as a leader within the business.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to realize the product vision and strategy
- Contribute to a user-led design approach by articulating the functional needs of the end user.
- Convey functional design to development team and act as the liaison between the business stakeholders and developers.
- Apply business constraints on quality, time, and/or cost to define and manage scope of the solution.
- Participate in the review of all project deliverables, including the requirements, functional and technical design, project plan, test plan and scripts, user manuals and training aids, and the solution itself.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with business stakeholders and project team throughout the project lifecycle.
- Define and manage the product backlog, prioritizing features for development based on user need
- Participate in work estimation sessions and provide input to the project plan on a regular basis.
- Aid the transition from development to user acceptance test and deployment, and throughout the support and maintenance of the solution.
- Review and validate the solution during development, quality assurance test, and user acceptance test. Ensure that the solution adheres to business requirements.
- Provide internal company wide communication of product updates and support internal adoption
- Provide new ideas and innovation that solve challenges
Desired experience and skills
- 3+ years of Market Mix Modelling experience. Deep knowledge of all stages of delivering an MMM project, including Data collection and Processing, Modelling and Results delivery.
- Knowledge of time series statistical modelling approaches
- Knowledge of supervised machine learning approaches
- Experience with the Python Data Science stack (Numpy, Pandas, Jupyter)
- Experience working in an Agile or another rapid application development environment with continuous integration practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills with technical peers and business colleagues at all levels and around the world
- Strong organization skills, detail and process oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
Salary: c. £55kApply now